Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Elevator Escapade

This morning, I decided I really needed some coffee from the local shop next door to my office. So I got on the elevator to go down to the 1st floor, and this woman I had never seen before was already on the elevator. That is not an unusual occurrence, but what was strange was that but none of the buttons were pushed. I pressed the button for the 1st floor, but the elevator stopped at 21, and the other woman got off. Maybe the lights in the buttons for 21 on each side of the elevator were both out. Or maybe the elevator is just psychic and knew she wanted to get off. I don't know.

I got my mocha latte from the friendly hippies at the coffe shop. (Yes, I drink girly coffee. Deal with it.) When I got on the elevator to go back up, there were 3 other people with me. We pressed the buttons for 21, 24, 30, and 35. The elevator stopped at 21, and one guy got out. Then it stopped again at 35. What the heck? I just got out and took the stairs down to 30 because I was scared to try another elevator ride. If you don't hear from me again, it may be that I am just in the elevator at work, traveling randomly up and down in the building.

1 comment:

owlhaven said...

Freaky elevator!
Mary