Monday, March 19, 2007

Hodge Podge

Jay Are is doing a project for school on why women blog. If you would like to help her by participating in a short survey, you can click here.

I have a tiny notebook in which I write notes to myself about things I need to remember to do and ideas for blog entries. I am looking through the notebook right now to see if I can get inspired for a blog entry, and the first thing written in the notebook is "pointy head." Below this is a picture of a head that it really pointy on the top. What the heck is that about?

My mom and her boyfriend are coming to town this weekend for a visit. I am not sure what we are going to do to entertain them. I think I am going to make reservations for Sunday brunch at one of my favorite restaurants, and we may go to a Minnesota Wild game. But before any of this can occur, I must attempt to clean my house because my mom would have a heart attack if she saw the house in its current state. My mom and her boyfriend are both naturally clean and organized people, while H and I
are most definitely not. Our house isn't disgusting or anything, but my mom would be appalled if she could see the clean laundry still in baskets, waiting to be folded, in the *gasp* living room. So H and I will be busy over the next few days.

Speaking of moms, my friend Schneids is a new mom! Congratulations to Schneids and family! Please tell Baby Schneids that I will hopefully be done knitting his blanket before he starts kindergarten. I have seen pictures, and Baby Schneids is adorable and perfect!

7 comments:

3carnations said...

We always seems to have a basket of clean clothes in the living room, too. They get folded each night after our son goes to sleep. In an unprecedented move, I folded the laundry this morning at 6:15. Now we have a basket of FOLDED clean laundry in the living room!

Marmite Breath said...

Yesterday we had three baskets of unfolded laundry in our living room. My children then proceeded to dump it out and make burrows in it and then pile it up to make a mountain. Had I been up to disciplining them, I would have made them fold it as punishment, but I took a nap instead. I hate laundry.
Oh, and have fun with your Mom!

Stefanie said...

If you can remember what that pointy head entry was all about, I surely can't wait to read it.

Also, since I am local, I have to ask... what restaurant are you referring to as your favorite brunch spot?

lizgwiz said...

Well, since "pointy head" has now made it into the blog, I guess you can mark through it and not give it any more thought. ;)

I can't keep clean laundry sitting in the basket. Even if it weren't for the OCD, there'd still be the cats, who love clean laundry so much it would not BE clean for very long.

don't call me MA'AM said...

What are these laundry "basket" things you all speak of? Doesn't clean laundry stay in the dryer until someone ELSE needs the dryer? That's how it works at my house. Thank God my mom's house is messier than mine. ;-)

Pointy head! Pointy head! Hope you remember what you were going to post about that one!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention! ;-)

I have a pointy head! Seriously, I hope I never go bald.

I think keeping the laundry in the living room is genius. Then you can just throw some clothes on when you leave. Closets are for pansies!

Anonymous said...

My husband won't let me put clean laundry in the baskets. His reason: Baskets are for dirty laundry. Therefore, the basket is dirty. You wouldn't want to put clean clothes in a dirty basket, now would you?

So instead, we have a laundry couch. Even our 3 year old calls it that. We're pathetic