Galoot has asked me to list five things that certain people may consider to be totally lame (apparently, 'certain people' are from the '80s), but I am totally proud of. I asked H to name five things that other people think are lame but that I like. H's answers were: (1) Gossip Girl, (2) The Sound of Music, (3) blogging, (4) H, and (5) one item that I am redacting because it is kind of pervy and not something I have ever done. I know that no one thinks that either The Sound of Music or H is totally lame. And blogging is something I like to do, but I would not say that I am totally proud of it. So. Here's my list.
1. Gossip Girl. Not only do "certain people" think this show is totally lame, but even I think it is totally lame. But I still watch it.
2. Guitar Hero. My work friends have teased me about liking Guitar Hero. But you know why that is? Because they never tried it. Guitar Hero is so much fun.
3. Fake curse words. I am not much of a curser. I prefer exclamations such as "freaking A," "geez, Louise," and "what the heck." It takes a lot for me to break out the curse words, and even then, the only curse word I use is "fuck." I'm not sure why, but I think it's just not natural for me, and I feel like a poser when I curse. So instead, I say, "Geez, Louise," which is kind of lame, but I like it.
4. Futurama. This show is on Cartoon Network all the time, and it is worth watching. I think it was originally on before The Simpsons, but I like it more than The Simpsons.
5. The Bangles' Eternal Flame. How can you not sing along to this song when you hear it playing on your husband's iPod? Do you feel my heart beating? Do you understand? Do you feel the same, or am I only dreaming?
Do you like any of these lame things? What lame things are you into?