Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It's November, And I'll Cry If I Want To

So lots of people are signing up for this Post Every Day in November Event. I considered it, but I can already think of several days during which I will not have access to either a computer or the internet. Shocking, I know. (H and I always say, "Interesting if true.") This weekend I am accompanying H to a work conference, and for Thanksgiving, we are traveling to my mom's house. I am a little nervous about the conference. H is going to know a ton of people, and I shall know about five. And, knowing me, I will probably only remember two of their names when I see them. Also, lots of drinking will be involved, which brings the likelihood of me saying potentially bizarre things up quite a bit. Good times will be had by all, I am sure. Thanksgiving, on the other hand, I am not worried about. I am looking forward to several types of potatoes, turkey, and most of all, stuffing. And pie. My mom makes everything from scratch, and it is amazing. The only problem spot will be keeping H entertained, so we will hopefully be able to meet up with some of our (read: my) friends who live in town or who will be visiting their parents. H can only take so much time cooped up in the house with my mom and her significant other (I forget what we decided to call him), which I completely understand, considering that is exactly how I feel when I am trapped at the H Family Farm.

So you guys really care about my travel plans for November, right? I hope so.

Anyway, I am going to try to write a post every day that I have access to a computer and the internet, so it will be like my own little version of the Write Every Day Thing. I shall call it "Write Every Day That You Can... Even If You End Up Writing Posts About Whether H Likes Staying At Your Mother's House Or Not."

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh, the H family farm.

Perhaps this event is the motivation I need. My blog is starting to nag at me, and if I don't do anything about it, it may start posting on its own.

God knows what things it could say about me.

Anonymous said...

You see, the thing is that I should follow your plan. My mom? HAS DIAL-UP. And I'm just not sure how that's going to work out at Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Sure, I'll try the post everyday you can thing. That will eliminate weekends, holidays...some posts may also be quite mundane (shocker, I know).

Anonymous said...

I like your name for it WAY better than "NaBloPoMo". Excellent!

Christine said...

You are braver for taking this on than I am.

Mostly because I am a lazy blogger. Shame on me.

And I want my mom's Thanksgiving! We're just staying home, by ourselves. But it was better than the driving...so it will be me making things from scratch, except for the pie, because that's totally what bakeries are for.

Anonymous said...

I decided to pass on it too.

I'm just not interesting enought to have that much to write about.

Anonymous said...

You guys really don't want to know what I think about the daily posting thing :> (LC: Really?! I would just love to hear what my blog has to say without my "help"! Or... maybe not :-I )

Chirky: My mom too. I put my blog in her Favorites, and she hasn't figured out how to use Favorites yet X-D

-R-, I care! Good luck at the conference. I forget names if I walk across the room and talk to someone else.

Unknown said...

Yez,

Oh, yes! If you copy/paste this link http://isurecan.blogspot.com/2006/10/foresaken.htmlin your browser, you can see how my blog left a tiny note about how he'd better be updated...or else.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the whole posting every day thing wouldn't fly for me, either, given various travel plans and cooking commitments (how can I write something coherent on Thanksgiving when I'm going to have my head in the oven checking on a turkey all day?). Also, I am afraid I would start writing the equivalent of drool, and no one wants to see that.

-R- said...

LC, yes, you need to post before your blog takes over.

Chirky, I don't think my mom even has internet access AT ALL.

3cars, I liked your list today!

GG, the name of my plan is a little bit longer, yet still quite catchy, I think.

Christine, I don't think I've ever missed a Thanksgiving with my mom's cooking, for which I am very grateful. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving on your own. Maybe GG can bake a pie for you!

Jenny, that is a lie. You are ALWAYS interesting. Hello? Haunted doll house?

Yez, I never know when I will remember or forget a name. I'll let you know how it goes.

Lawyerish, don't underestimate how much you can think of to write about. Where are you going for Thanksgiving?

Anonymous said...

Just think though, if we meet up in Nebraska, you will have something to post about.

It will be, "Today, I met Marmite Breath, and she was WICKED COOL!"

Or maybe you can just post about how you left Marmite Breath roaming the N.E muttering about coffee and bloggers. Whatev!

-R- said...

Nat, I won't leave you wandering and muttering!

schneids said...

i do not even have a blog...so i cannot judge you for not posting every day. Although reading your blog is part of my daily routine now. I am addicted.

I have to spend all turkey day with my in-laws....sigh.

-R- said...

Schneids, I am glad you read every day. I love your comments!

Good luck with the in-laws. Are you going to make stuffing for them?