Thursday, November 22, 2007

Stuffing Rules!

Before:



After:



I actually did about half of the cooking! We had turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes (I'm not sure why I didn't label this in the pictures, but you can see it there), cheesy potatoes, rolls, Pilgrims' Salad, and cranberry sauce. I cringe a little every time someone mentions having Stovetop stuffing for Thanksgiving because it means that you have not experienced the joy and wonder that is the Crowley family homemade stuffing. If you had experienced this joy, you would never eat Stovetop again. I promise. But then some of you probably look at my table and see the cranberry sauce straight out of the can, with the can indentations still on it, and cry a little. To you, I say, get your priorities straight! Homemade stuffing is the best! Also, I don't like cranberry sauce, so I don't care.

To those of you who are Sconnies and eat KFC for Thanksgiving I say, you can see that we have plenty of leftovers. You are welcome to come over for real stuffing and Guitar Hero.

I have no idea what we are going to do with so much leftover food. I halved all the recipes, and yet, we STILL went way overboard. Thank goodness I didn't listen to my mom who wanted me to buy an even bigger turkey. Yikes.

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! My parents have those exact same dishes! I ate Thanksgiving food on the exact same plates as you! It's like we're best friend and have been for our entire lives!!!!! I am so thankful that you have awesome dishes. Happy Thanksgiving to you and H.

Anonymous said...

Your stuffing (except I live in the south and call it dressing) looks a lot like my family recipe, which is a little bit of heaven on earth and probably why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!

Janssen said...

Share the love! I totally want that stuffing recipe. We did in fact have stovetop stuffing tonight (someone else brought it - I did not love it).

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

OK, I just Googled "Pilgrims' Salad" because I have no idea what it is...and *this post* is the first result. Brava!

But seriously, what is it?

L Sass said...

Homemade stuffing is to die for. So is Guitar Hero, actually. Think you'll have some stuffing left in April when I'm next in MN?

Anonymous said...

real stuffing, leftovers and guitar hero? I don't care if you're 19 hours away, I'm coming over this weekend! Okay, maybe not. But still, it looks so nice.

Anonymous said...

MMM how I love Thanksgiving. Yummo. It sounds like you had a great day!

bittenbyknittin said...

I am guilty of the Stovetop Stuffing thing. I hope your family recipe is not secret....

Laura B said...

Your Thanksgiving feast looks yummy. But I cannot believe you don't like cranberry sauce! :)

Stefanie said...

You know what's even sadder than day-old KFC as our Thanksgiving meal? Year-old apple pie for dessert. I am not kidding you. Seriously, leftover stuffing and guitar hero? I would head over right now, except I still have to write my post for today. :-(

P.S. I also want to know what the heck Pilgrim's salad is.

princess slea said...

my MIL has the same pfalzgraf pattern too. She literally has like 2000 pieces. It's kind of a joke amongst the kids because she always talks about who's getting the dishes in her will.

lizgwiz said...

Okay, seriously. What is Pilgrim's Salad? Inquiring minds, etc.

claire said...

I did cry a little inside that you have a can of cranberry just laying there.

But i see that you have the same pfalzgraf dishes as my mom and that means it's all ok. And homemade stuffing rules. Stovetop users don't know what they're missing.

Larissa said...

Real stuffing AND Guitar Hero??? I'm there!