Saturday, March 11, 2006

My First Meme

1. Who was your first prom date?
When I was a junior in high school, I went with a guy who I was kind of friends with, and it was fun, although a little awkward. A few months later he started dating this girl who was my arch-nemesis. Am I the only one with a high school arch-nemesis? She was soooo annoying, but I had to be nice to her because we were on the debate team together. She once said to me, "I used to think you were a total bitch, but now you seem ok." Ummm, thanks?

2. Who was your first roommate?
Between my junior and senior years of high school, I went to a writing camp in Tennessee, and I had two roommates. Monica tried really hard to be cool, and listened to the same tape every morning when she got ready. The tape had several songs by the Monkees and also "Wonderwall" by Oasis (which I still know all the words to). My other roommate would stay out all night, and then sleep from 9 am until dinner. I don't think we spoke the entire two or three weeks we were roommates.

3. What was your first alcoholic beverage?
The first time I ever got drunk, I was drinking beer during my freshman year of college. And I think it was Keystone Light or something equally horrible.

4. What was your first job?
I babysat in middle school. I was not a good babysitter. One time I gave this 18 month old kid Pepsi, and then she threw up all over the white carpet. I freaked out and called the parents on their beeper. I had no idea how a beeper worked though. There was a message like, "Hi, this is Mr. Kid's Dad. Please leave your number." Then there was a beep and I didn't know what to do, so I hung up. I think that was the only time I ever had to call a beeper, so I still really don't know how they work. Anyway, the dad figured out I was the one who called, and when I told him what happened, he just started laughing. They even had me babysit after that. I also called the girl Brittany the whole first time I babysat her, but when I put her to bed, there was a really big sign that said "Bethany" above her crib. Oops.

5. What was your first car?
A 1995/6 Hyundai Accent. My sister called it the bubble car.

6. When did you go to your first funeral?
When I was 5, my grandma passed away. I don't really remember the actual funeral; I remember more of the hospital.

7. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown?
I had just turned 18 when I moved to another state to go to college. It was scary but I am so glad I did it.

8. Who was your first grade teacher?
Mrs. Burke. She had red hair and was pregnant, so we had a substitute for several months. (The sub was due to the pregnancy, not the red hair).

9. Where did you go on your first airplane ride?
I was a baby when my parents took me on a plane to see my grandparents.

10. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with?
I never snuck out of my house when I was growing up. I was a nerd, and I was also allowed to go out pretty much whenever I wanted (because I was a nerd).

11. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them?
My first best friend was my neighbor when I lived in Kansas. We were probably 4 when we met. Her name was Beth. We didn't stay in touch after I moved to a new state when I was 8. I saw her again when I was 10, and we got along ok, but I was kind of glad I didn't have to hang out with her for more than a few hours. When I was visiting her, her older brother was just hanging around in tighty whiteys. Who does that when they know people are coming over?

12. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents’ house?
I lived in an all-girls dorm. Quite a change, considering I had my own bathroom at my parents' house.

13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?
My husband. I have lots of friends I could call too, but I would call my husband first. After a bad day, he always offers to have dinner waiting for me when I come home.

14. Whose wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid or a groomsman?
I have never been a bridesmaid before. But I am a bridesmaid in two weddings this summer, which I am looking forward to. I imagine it will entail a lot of running around and hand holding, but I can't wait to celebrate my friends' weddings with them. And one of them is a Hindu ceremony, so I get to wear a sari!

15. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Hit snooze about 10 times.

16. What was the first concert you attended?
Nerd Alert: Amy Grant in the 7th grade. "Baby, baby..."

17. First tattoo or piercing!
I pierced my ears when I was in second grade, but they got infected. Gross but true. I repierced them in high school. I also have a little scar on my nose that makes it look like I used to have my nose pierced, and perhaps I have told some people before that I did used to have my nose pierced and it totally impressed that person, which is stupid b/c it is just a (fake) nose piercing.

18. First celebrity crush?
In high school, I was SOOOO in love with Christian Bale. He is still quite hot, although I don't have pictures of him in my locker anymore. Only because the other ladies at the gym would be so jealous of my locker pictures.

19. First crush?
I had a crush on my neighbor, Scott, when I was in elementary school. He was almost two years older than me, but he was in my grade because his parents held him back so that he would be better than the other kids in sports. Yikes. In kindergarten, we had to write out our addresses, and he didn't know his, so I told him. And I got in trouble for cheating. I was just trying to be helpful!

20. First real love?
My husband. I dated other people before, but I was never really in love until I met H.

2 comments:

Carol said...

To be considered a real meme, you have to tag 5 people!

Uh,just kidding...

-R- said...

I know, but isn't that like sending someone a chain letter? I hate that! =)