Monday, March 06, 2006

Six Months Later

We have been living in our house for almost six months now, and we just finally organized our office this weekend. You can actually see the floor now! Who knew this room was so big?

This morning, I was on the elevator in my office building with four men, all attorneys. Two of the men work in more of a casual office and were wearing long-sleeved button-up plaid shirts. They were joking about what would happen if they wore the same plaid shirt one day, and a third guy butted in and said, "It would be so embarrassing to be caught wearing the same shirt as another male attorney!" So I butted in with, "Not as embarrassing as it would be to be caught wearing the same shirt as a female attorney." And then they all just looked at me. But Guy #1 started laughing, and then they all laughed.

Another time, I was on the elevator alone with the hiring partner of the law firm. We started chatting, and he told me that he was on his way home to see his son's basketball game. I asked what grade his son was, and he told me his son was in fourth grade. I said, "So not much dunking yet?" He paused for a second, and then started laughing really hard (with me, not at me, I might add). I am thinking if my job doesn't work out, I will have to write a book of strange things to say on the elevator.

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

haha. nice story. thanks for dropping by my blog!

Carol said...

Sounds like an original concept. I just look at the numbers.