Stinkypaw sent me the following meme:
1. Go to Wikipedia.
2. In the Search box, type your birth month and day (but not year).
3. List three events that happened on your birthday.
4. List two important birthdays and one interesting death.
5. One holiday or observance (if any).
6. Tag 5 more peoples - if you feel like it.
Since my birthday (July 5) is the best birthday ever, I decided to do it.
1937 - Spam, the luncheon meat, was introduced into the market by the Hormel Foods Corporation.
1947 - Larry Doby signs a contract with the Cleveland Indians baseball team, becoming the first black player in the American League. (Jackie Robinson had broken the color barrier with the Brooklyn Dodgers in the National League 11 weeks earlier.)
1989 - The sitcom Seinfeld aired its first episode.
1976 - Bizarre, American rapper
2002 - Ted Williams, baseball player
Independence Day (for Venezuela, Algeria, and Cape Verde)