Thirteen Weird Things I Have Done as an Interviewer or Interviewee:
1. When asked about my hobbies, I said I was really into oil painting.
2. When pressed further, I claimed that my specialty was Impressionist-style painting.
3. I have never oil painted in my life. Or done any kind of painting, other than in elementary or middle school.
4. When asked about my hobbies in another interview, I professed a love for books on American history.
5. When the interviewer said that he was really into the Civil War, I said that I was really into the American Revolution.
6. When I was interviewing someone, I told them about how I used to make up hobbies when I was the interviewee.
7. I think the candidate thought that was weird.
8. As an interviewer, I ordered a Tom Collins (gin, lemon juice, club soda) at lunch.
9. Luckily the waiter saved me and said, "Remind me what the ingredients are?" And when I said lemonade and iced tea, he said, "I think that's an Arnold Palmer." Thank you!
10. I talked about "Blind Date" and "Change of Heart."
11. I said that "Change of Heart" was better.
12. Because it was. Hello- these people go on a date and slut it up and then have to decide whether to stay with their significant other who also just went on a date and slutted it up. They should ALWAYS have chosen Change of Heart, but they almost always chose Stay Together, and then my roommate and I would yell at them.
13. I may have used the word "slutty," but I really hope I didn't.