Monday, January 01, 2007

Have a Holly Jolly New Year

The holiday season is finally over for H and me. We had Christmas: Part Deux with my mom, her significant other, and my sister on Sunday. Now we can relax, watch a movie or two, and put away all the Christmas decorations that seem to somehow have multiplied. Yet we still have no stocking hangers, so our stockings spent Christmas 2006 lying on the floor kind of near the mantel. Anyway, now that the holidays are over, I will give a Christmas recap.

From Christmas: Part One. H and his nephew take on Guitar Hero.


Also, some evidence that I really did teach my niece to knit.


The first part of Christmas: Part Deux is the traditional Attendance of the College Basketball Game at which You Sneak into the Student Section Because Your Actual Seats Suck.


H and I decided this holiday season was the time to perfect taking sucky pictures of ourselves.
X

X

X

Finally, I will share with you some pictures of the Christmas Loot.

gift card for Caribou Coffee from my sister



my new awesome slippers


And now, a total surprise that is so wonderful it may blind you if you look at it directly...



a Kitchen Aid mixer!*

No close up of the present from H, but I thought the earrings and the mixer might be too much gloriousness for one post.

I was going to write a disclaimer about how I really didn't expect this much for Christmas and it is really too much, but I have decided instead to say that if you think I am annoying or bratty for being happy that I got earrings, slippers, a coffee gift card, and a mixer, then I say to you, "Meh." Happy new year!

*This second picture is Picture #1 for Project 365.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I got a kitchenaid too! I must post pictures, but i am drunk and can't figure out how!

And I wish I ohad been here to meet up with you beucase it would have bveen so much fun?!

Christine said...

Congrats on the Kitchenaid. My father bought me one about ten years ago, when I was on a baking kick. It has been in my mother's possession ever since. Weep. Although, it's better that way, she has more space, and does more baking.

L Sass said...

I miss Caribou!

Galoot said...

Kitchen Aid rocks! We've been collecting their appliances since we were married 6 years ago and we're up to:

1 Blender
1 Chopper/Grater
1 Toaster
1 Hand mixer - free because they discontinued...(see below)
1 12 Cup Coffeemaker which repaced...
1 other 12 Cup Coffeemaker (broken carafe) which replaced...
1 4 cup coffeemaker

I'm not bragging here, we just love Kitchen Aid appliances. Yeah, they cost you more dough, but they're totally worth it. Plus you and H are lawyers, so you're loaded!

lizgwiz said...

Sounds like a nice haul! Seems like it was a Kitchenaid Christmas around this corner of the blogosphere.

I got mine a couple of years ago in a promotion one of my work vendors had. Nice promotion, huh? Sadly they discontinued it last year, but this year a different vendor stepped up with a giftcard promotion, and I managed to snag a $250 Sears giftcard. I love my vendors. ;)

Paisley said...

ooohhh...I want a Kitchen Aid. However, no room in my kitchen because of all the other crap I have.

Congrats!

HNY! You guys look way cute.

Anonymous said...

You guys are adorable!

And I freaking love the KitchenAid! We got one for our wedding, but I hardly use it at all. We want to get the sausage stuffer attachment, cause damn if I wouldn't make me some sausage!

claire said...

Oohh... Kitchen Aid... grrlrrrllggg....

That is so terribly awesome. Jealous now.

PreppyGirl said...

I am coveting your stand mixer!

Laura B said...

Yay, great Christmas presents! I got my Kitchen Aid mixer for Christmas, too. (Not this year, but still, it was for Christmas!)

Stefanie said...

I am starting to think I am the only one without a Kitchen Aid mixer. Did you see Nabbalicious's cool new pink one??

As it happens, I don't bake often enough to warrant such a fancy kitchen toy (and I don't have the counter space for it anyway), but I do love all the cool colors they come in. (Your white one is nice, too, though, of course.) ;-)

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Who woulda thought the Kitchen Aid mixer would be the hit of the blog? Yeah, well I'm jealous too...and now it looks like I'll never get one unless I'm looking to blow it out with a power converter or something. Anyway, I really like your slippers too :)