Monday, February 19, 2007

Want Some Candy, Little Boy?

Today, I shall continue to post pictures that you requested.

Libragirl asked to see my mountains of laundry so that she can be reassured she is not the only one who waits too long to do laundry. Unfortunately, I did not remember to take a picture until after I had done three loads of laundry, but here are some random towels waiting at the bottom of the laundry chute.


Here is the picture of H being pelted by ninjas, requested by Guinness Girl. Doesn't H look so happy that his wife has a blog?


H and I went to a party this weekend, where we met a lot of new people. One of the people we met was a single 26-year-old woman who works as a photographer. She told us that one time she was hit on by a 17-year-old boy while she took his senior pictures. I asked her why she didn't go out with him, and she laughed. But just think about it:
1. The opportunity to re-wear two different bridesmaid dresses (homecoming and prom)
2. He should be nice and respectful because he doesn't really deserve to be dating a hot 26-year-old
3. Don't have to stay out late (since he has a curfew)
4. Easy to impress
5. Will probably watch chick flicks with you without complaining
6. Won't expect you to hang out very often on weeknights
7. Don't have to go to any of his lame office parties
8. Free coffee or movie tickets or fast food, depending on where he works

Not that I want to date a 17-year-old. I only have one bridesmaid dress to re-wear anyway.

12 comments:

Stefanie said...

I cannot believe you actually came up with eight valid reasons to date a teenager. Not that I'm going to start widening my options or anything; I'm just saying, you're quite the unexpected silver lining girl.

Also, I would never, ever point this out if not for my newly awarded Grammar and Spelling prize, but it's a laundry chute, not shoot. ;-) (Forgive me if correcting your spelling was hopelessly rude. At the moment, I must feel compelled to live up to my new title or something, but I promise you it will not last.)

Anonymous said...

Yes, your photographer friend definitely missed an opportunity. Now she's a spinster and has cats to talk to all day.

When I was 19 I dated a 24 year old. That was interesting until she grew tired of me. I think it was a hormone thing. Her, not me ...

~Jef

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA. The pelting by ninjas made me laugh out loud. Oh, H. He doesn't look pleased.

-R- said...

Stefanie, thanks for the spelling correction! Let us blame that on it being the end of a long day. I think it is probably good that you aren't going to widen your options, although if you change your mind, I will support that as well.

Edge, I think she has a dog, not a cat.

Jonniker, yes, poor H.

Anonymous said...

I thought perhaps H being "pelted with ninjas" was some kind of euphamism, but I stand corrected. Hee!

You have a laundry chute. I am officially jealous.

Noelle said...

At first I thought it was kind of sick that you even thought about posting about the benifits of dating a 17-year-old. Then I remembered how I felt when I saw those pictures of Daniel Radcliffe in Eqqus... I guess there are some circumstances where it can be justified. Right?

lizgwiz said...

Hey, I say if they're over 18, they're fair game. ;)

Personally, I've dated more guys older than me than younger, and I can't imagine being interested in anyone THAT much younger, but to each their own. Though, I did go out last year with a guy 7 years younger, but that still left well into his 30s. It's all perspective, I suppose.

don't call me MA'AM said...

When I was in college, our friends who were dating girls still in high school termed the girls as OMPs or TMPs: "one more prom, two more proms." We thought ourselves devilishly clever.

Very funny list of reasons, although I shudder each time I think of anyone my age dating a teenager. Eeek.

Ninjas. Pelting H. hahahaha!

L Sass said...

I hate to say this, H, but it looks like the ninja is winning!

Anonymous said...

H's face says, "That ninja is about to get shoved where the sun don't shine"

Anonymous said...

I could never date a teenager. I didn't even date teenagers when I WAS one! :) Why do I always go for the perverted old man?

-R- said...

Lawyerish, that would be a good euphamism! And wait until you see my closet! (Again, not a euphamism.)

Noelle, good thinking.

Liz, I don't think I have ever dated anyone more than a year younger than me. And H is not very tolerant of me dating around at this point.

DCMM, I am guessing the Farm Boy is mean like H and would not approve. Are you telling me you don't want to date the guy who carries his steering wheel around?

L Sass, ha!

Nat, your comment made H laugh out loud.

Em, I think you need to find a happy medium between the youngsters and the old perverts.