Before I do my Thursday list, let me first tell you a little story. I decided to get a haircut today. I have been thinking about it for a while and realized that I would actually be able to leave work in time to get a haircut tonight, so I made a quick appointment and met with a new stylist. I said that I would like shoulder-length hair. The stylist asked if I would like layers. I said yes. She asked if I would like long layers. I said yes. The stylist confirmed that I wanted shoulder-length hair with long layers.
Does this look like shoulder-length hair with long layers to you?
I am pretty sure that my chin is above my shoulders, so the fact that my hair is now above my chin does not make me happy at all. It is ugly. I am mad. Mad and ugly. I can't wait for all the Christmas pictures.
So anyway, for my thirteen things today, I am going to list thirteen things that start with the letter F and make me happy. I have done something similar before, but this time I got a letter from Stefanie. Lots of other people have done this as well, including Malia.
Anyway, here we go.
1. frankfurters at baseball games- I love going to baseball games. Especially College World Series games. And franks taste best outside.
2. friends- I am so lucky to have a few people that have stuck with me despite my moodiness and general craziness, and I am so glad to have them in my life. I am also grateful for new friends. Nothing can cheer me up or make me happy the way a friend with a good story can.
3. frozen yogurt- Ben & Jerry's frozen yogurt is deliciously wonderful.
4. Frappaccinos- the perfect summer treat and a good reason to take a break at work.
5. family- My family is small, but I know that I can depend on them no matter what.
6. fancy dinners (that I don't have to cook)
7. freedom- Don't worry. I'm not going to break out into a song by Lee Greenwood.
8. Foo Fighters- I will not break out into a song by the Foo Fighters either.
9. fabulous haircuts that look nice and are actually shoulder-length
10. French cheese- Camembert is my favorite despite number 3 on this list.
11. Falk, Peter- I love Columbo. I like the mystery aspect, the pace of the storyline, and the way he makes people think he is dumb in order to trip them up. You think I'm a dork now, don't you? [As though you didn't think that before you read this.]
12. fermented grapes- Kind of a stretch, and yet, I don't care.
13. free food- What can I say? I am stingy.